How to Level Up Your S'mores
Gooey, toasty, crunchy goodness, no one can resist a s'more. This year for National Camp at Home Day, we turned to the marshmallow experts at SmashMallow to share their favorite recipes to level up your s'mores game. Give these recipes a try when you camp at home on March 27th.
It may not be summer just yet, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be s’more season! It’s actually ALWAYS s’more season in the SmashMallow office! We have complied our 3 favorite s’more recipes to share with you so that you can join us on the #snackapade – time to get s’moring!
Dark Chocolate S’mores Dip
1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4.5oz. SMASHMALLOW (any flavor or combo you’d like!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate chips in the bottom of a small to medium cast iron skillet
- Top the chocolate chips with as many SmashMallows as you can fit! Mallows will puff up and brown, so some chocolate poking through is OK.
- Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the SmashMallows turn golden brown. Serve immediately with graham crackers for dipping!
Dark Chocolate S'mores Bars
See the original recipe by @amandalee_lifestyle
2 cups oat flour
1/3 cup tahini
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
¾ cup dairy free chocolate chips
2 tbsp creamy almond butter
4.5 oz. bag of SmashMallow (any flavor you love!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and great or spray 9’’x9’’ pan
- Mix all ingredients for base, then press into a greased pan. Bake for 14 minutes
- While base is cooking, cut SmashMallows in half. Then melt chocolate carefully in the microwave by heating for 30 second at a time and stirring in between until fully melted. Stir in almond butter
- Remove base from oven and switch from bake to broil. Pour chocolate mixture over the base, ensuring complete coverage
- Top the chocolate layer with the halved SmashMallows. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until SmashMallows are golden brown
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then cut and enjoy!
4.5 oz. bag of SmashMallow
Chocolate of Choice
- Skewer 1-3 SmashMallows on a metal or water-soaked wood skewer
- Toast SmashMallows over campfire or stove top until you have achieved your desired toastyness
- Remove SmashMallows from skewer and place on ½ a graham cracker
- Top SmashMallow with chocolate and the other ½ of graham cracker