Before he enters on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Tomorrow, January 20th, 2017, one man will take the Oath of Office for the United States Presidency. He will solemnly swear, in front of a crowd of witnesses, to do big things for our country, communities, and environment. Though we cannot be certain what the implications of his presidency will be, we can be certain that we as individuals are active agents in the way the next four years unfold. We hold a noble responsibility to take action by using our business as an avenue for higher purpose: equipping and inspiring others for life-changing adventure.
Today, tomorrow, and for the year to come, we're partnering with 1% For The Planet and asking our network to take an #OathOfAction for the betterment of our communities and the world around us. Join us as we put our voices together and pledge to do something real and tangible for our one wild and precious planet.
How we're pledging an #OathofAction
In addition to our commitment to give 1% of annual revenue to our nonprofit partners through 1% For The Planet, we're committing to host an outdoor Saturday event for our team of Explore Austin Mentors and Explorers. This means that we will get the opportunity to serve, hang out, and adventure alongside the team we sponsor at Explore Austin, continuing to know them deeper as our partnership grows.
How YOU can pledge:
- Create your shareable #OathOfAction. Print out 1% For The Planet's handy pdf, write in your action, and take a picture of you holding it. No printer? No problem! Use a photo that embodies your #OathOfAction.
- Share your photo and a detailed caption. Share your Oath on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook on Inauguration Day, January 20th (see posting schedule below).
- Follow through with your #OathOfAction. If your action is to donate to or volunteer for a nonprofit, set a time or schedule to take the action.
- Join us on Inauguration Day. Celebrate your #OathOfAction on January 20th by hosting an event in your local community, or join 1% For the Planet at one of their events around the country: The Skinny Pancake in Burlington, VT; Topa Topa Brewing Company in Santa Barbara and Ventura, CA; and Backcountry Film Festival in San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Use the hashtag #OathOfAction and tag @kammok + @1percentftp
- Use supporting hashtags to bring your commitment to life through your voice: #TheRooLife #ForThePlanet #AllTogether #LoveOurPlanet
- Share your commitment as a Call to Action to encourage your friends, staff and followers to support grassroots environmental organizations.
- Not able to make a financial commitment? Take an alternative action, like eating local food or using alternative transportation.
- If you prefer to record a short video to bring your #OathOfAction to life, do it!
- Our main platforms for participation are Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, but we encourage you to share this with your followers on your website, in your newsletter and any other platforms as well.
- Need help selecting a nonprofit to support? Browse our full list of approved nonprofit partners.
Example #OathOfAction for your business:
- Become a member of 1% for the Planet.
- Commit to donating a percentage of proceeds to an environmental nonprofit. For example, 1% for the Planet member company, The Skinny Pancake is donating 10% of their sales on Inauguration Day to their selected partners.
- Gather your staff to volunteer with an environmental nonprofit.
Example #OathOfAction as an individual:
- Support businesses that #giveback to the environment through your purchases. Research committed member brands on the 1% for the Planet Directory.
- Make a donation (of any size!) to an environmental nonprofit.
- Sign up to receive regular updates from an environmental nonprofit in your community! Get involved!
- Tell a friend or favorite business about 1% for the Planet and the commitment of businesses to give back.