Kid’s camping hammock
Kid’s camping hammock
Built for camping and backyard play, the Roo Jr. is built for our smallest campers. Its tear-resistant and water-repellent fabric is ready for rough-and-tumble adventures. With an industry-leading load capacity of 400 lb and no-tip design, the Roo Jr. sets the standard in safety.
Hammock straps are not included.
Out of stock colors arrive Spring 2021.
Our Roo Jr. features the same safety measures as our Roo Single hammock. Mini Kanga Claw™ carabiners ensure weight is placed on the strongest area of the carabiner at all times while your child hangs. The Dyneema Racer Slings™ support 5,000 lb of force each. Its no-tip design keeps kids from tumbling out unexpectedly, although we still recommend parents keep a close eye.Kid-tested strength and durability
Our Gravitas™ 40D diamond nylon ripstop fabric is tough enough for active play and all-weather camping. Tear-resistant with a safe water-repellant treatment make messes and mud easy to manage. The Roo Jr. is designed as a sturdy sidekick for kid campers.Small and mighty
The Roo Jr. is packable and compact in size, designed for campers under 54" in height. At just 8.7 oz, it helps the family travel light and pop-up for play anywhere. With an industry-leading load capacity of 400 lb, the Roo Jr. makes for the perfect camp snuggle station for parents and kids.
- Best Use
- Hammock camping with kids under 54”
- Total Packed Weight
- 8.7 oz / 247 g
- Max Weight Capacity
- 400 lb / 181 kg
- Recreation Capacity
- 1 person
- Unpacked Dimensions
- 4 ft 2 in × 7 ft / 127 cm x 213.3 cm
- Packed Dimensions
- 3.25 in × 4.75 in / 8.2 cm x 12 cm
- Product Material
- Gravitas™ 40D diamond ripstop nylon with DWR waterproofing
- Stuff Sack Material
- Diamond Shell™ 40D ripstop nylon with PU + DWR waterproofing
- Mini Kanga Claw™carabiners (13kN); Dyneema Racer Sling™ (22kN)
- Gear Loops
- 1 x Roo Jr.™ Hammock; 2 x Dyneema Racer Sling™, 2 x Mini Kanga Claw™
- Available Colors
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to order carabiners and straps?
Each Roo Jr. comes with a set (2) of Mini Kanga Claw carabiners. Straps are not included. Order a set of Python 10 straps (or one of our other straps) to get your hammock off the ground and your adventure on its way.
Why are there loops along the sides of the Roo Jr.?
Gear loops are for quick access to gear. Kids can attach their water bottle, ball cap, headlamp, or any other gear they want at the ready.
Who can hang in the Roo Jr.?
The Roo Jr. is designed for younger campers under 54" and ages 4-10. Campers should be supervised when hanging in the Roo Jr. hammock. With a max capacity of 400 lb, however, the Roo Jr. can hang two people comfortably. Parents and siblings can hop in, too!
What is the difference between the Roo Jr. and Roo Single?
The biggest difference between the Roo Jr. and Roo Single is the length of the hammock. The Roo Jr. is 7 ft long, and the Roo Single is 8 ft long. We recommend the Roo Jr. for children aged 4-10 or campers under 54" tall.
How do I wash my Roo Jr.?
Hand washing your hammock with cold water and biodegradable detergent is best for extending its useful life, but it can also be cleaned in a washing machine (front-load machines are best). Washing machine instructions:
- Remove the carabiners and slings prior to wash.
- If the Roo Jr. is soiled or stained, use a small amount of powdered detergent (preferably biodegradable). Do not use fabric softener, bleach, or stain removal products.
- Wash the hammock by itself using the gentle/cold water setting.
- Hang to dry. The hammock will dry quickly in warm/dry environment. Do not stuff back in stuff sack damp or wet.