Plans to camp off the ground? A few things to note before you go.
1. Always check with park staff specifically about the use of hammocks in your park to ensure there are no specific regulations for that park.
Lost Maples State Park, TX
2. Straps must be at least two inches in width, not anchored using screws or eye bolts, or padded underneath straps to protect tree bark.
Our Python Straps are designed with tubular webbing to protect tree bark, swing by our Gear Shop if you want to see them in action. More products coming soon to kammok.com that protect trees while you hang.
Sam Houston National Forest, TX
3. Trees must be at least 8" in diameter at the point of strap contact.
McKinney Falls State Park, TX
4. Only hang within the boundaries of official camping areas.
5. Unless authorized, do not hang on park structures such as buildings or lantern posts.
(Tip: East Canyon State Park in Utah has an official hammock campground. Check it out here.)
East Canyon Hammock Camp, UT
This list is brought to you by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation park rules.