An all-in-one hammock tent to elevate camp
With a breathable hammock body, integrated insect net, and featherlight rainfly, the Mantis all-in-one hammock tent lightens your pack and takes your camping experience off the ground.
A seamless, portable home for hikers on trail
We designed the Mantis to make backpacking simpler, so you can pack less and cover more ground. Smaller than your sleeping bag and lighter than a 1-person tent, the Mantis all-in-one hammock system offers a lightweight respite for hikers on trail.
The best sleep outside, even better
Sleep off the ground in a silky soft hammock enclosed in our Dragonet™ no-see-um mesh canopy for ultimate insect protection. Our hanging hammock tent is designed to simplify and elevate your camping experience. The Mantis all-in-one hammock tent features built-in pockets and a structural ridgeline to keep what you need close at hand. Cozy up, campers.
Optimize your Mantis for any weather
The best hammock tent combo to see you through rain, wind, snow and sun. The Mantis’ customizable features provide shelter from the elements and allow you to shed weight when you need to. When the weather is nice and the night sky is clear, roll back the fly and look through Stargazer™ panel to provide exceptional contrast with the night sky - hello Milky Way.
Put your feet up in 60 seconds
Lighter than your tent and easier to set up, the Mantis tent hammock hybrid takes camp set-up to 60 seconds with a knotless suspension. No more knots, no more tent poles. It’s time to put your feet up faster. Early morning starts just became easier, too, with a quick tear-down.
- Best Use Case
- Unpacked Dimensions
- 120" x 56"
- Packed Dimensions
- 10" x 6"
- Packed ‘Compressed’ Dimensions
- 8" x 6"
- Packaged Weight (oz)
- 2lb 12oz
- Trail weight w/out rainfly
- 1lb 11.8oz
- Trail weight w/ rainfly
- 2lb 8.5oz
- What’s included in the trail weight?
- Hammock Body, Mesh Canopy, Structural Ridgeline, (2) Kanga Claws, Rainfly (including 6 guy outs), (2) Python 10' Straps
- Weight Capacity
- 500 lb
- Sleep Capacity
- 1 person
- Hammock Fabric
- Gravitas™ 40D nylon diamond ripstop DWR
- Canopy Fabric
- Dragonet™ mesh with Stargazer™ panel optimal contrast with night sky
- Fly Fabric
- Patagium™ 15D nylon diamond ripstop nylon 1,500 PU/Silicone/DWR
- Product Water Proofing Treatment
- Stuff Sack Material(s)
- Diamond Shell™
- Stuff Sack Water Proofing Treatment
- 1,500mm DWR/PU Diamond Shell™ fabric
- Warmth Rating
- Other key specs
- Mantis fly
- 11.3 oz / 321 g (comes with 6 guy outs and 2 knotless hooks)
- (2) Python 10's
- 7.7oz (no stuff sack)
- Mini Kanga
- 13g / 0.5 oz (1 oz total for both)
- 6 DAC Stakes
- 2.3oz/ 66g (total for 6)
- 2 shock cord guy-outs with knotless hooks
- 0.8oz/22.68g (total for 2)
- Mantis body w/ out mesh (with mini Kanga & continuous loops)
- Stuff sack
- 1.5oz/ 43g
- Ridgeline length
- Mantis™ includes
- - 1 x Hammock body with suspension including 2 patented mini 13kN Kanga Claw carabiners, ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene ‘continuous loops’, and 13kN Kanga Claws for suspension ensure safe weight loads up to 500 lb
- - 4 x hammock guy outs each with aluminum knotless hooks (Guy outs are 1.5 mm reflective cord)
- - 1 x Bug net (removable)
- - 1 x Integrated structural ridgeline (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene cord ensures a perfect hang angle every time)
- - 1 x Rain fly (Patagium™ 15D diamond ripstop nylon 1,500 PU/Silicone/DWR)
- - 4 x rain fly guy outs (each with aluminum knotless hooks)
- - 8 x Hypalon-reinforced guy out points with built-in linelocks
- - 1 x Python 10 Straps
- - 6 x Dac J-Stakes
- - 1 x Dual-compartment roll top stuff sack (Patagium™ 15D nylon diamond ripstop nylon 1,500 PU/Silicone/DWR)
Mantis setup Instructions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the length of the Mantis hammock compared to the Roo Double?
The dimensions of the Mantis hammock are 120" x 56". The length is the same as our Roo Double, and a slightly more narrow width. Here’s the unpacked dimensions of each: Mantis hammock: 120" x 56" Roo Double hammock: 120" x 67".
What are the dimensions of the Mantis rain fly?
The unpacked dimensions of the rain fly are 136" x 88" (tapers down to 72" at foot end)
Is the Mantis treated with water repellants?
Yes the Mantis hammock's Gravitas™ 40D nylon diamond ripstop fabric and Mantis UL Levitas™ 20D nylon ripstop fabric is treated with durable water repellant (C6 DWR - fluorocarbon free) finish. the Mantis fly's Patagium™ 15D nylon diamond ripstop nylon fabric is 1,500 PU/Silicone/DWR treated.
Does the Mantis integrate with the Firebelly or Bobcat trail quilts?
Absolutely. Gear loops are included on the Mantis to secure your trail quilt to the Mantis as a top quilt or underquilt.
How are the fabrics of the Mantis and Mantis Ultralight different?
The 20D Mantis UL fabric is lighter weight and more breathable with a 300lb weight capacity, while the 40D Mantis fabric has an extra softening treatment and a 500lb weight capacity. The different fabric weights and treatments make for a different hand feel, but both hammocks are quite comfortable!