You Save: $25.80 (20%)
The Bobcat 55ºF is a lightweight, synthetic backpacking quilt that provides warmth in warmer seasons. Featuring EcoLoft™, a bluesign® approved, recycled synthetic fill, the Bobcat 55ºF provides down-like insulation for spring campfires and laid-back adventures. Designed with the same versatility as our other trail quilts, the Bobcat 55ºF adapts as a backpacking quilt, hammock underquilt, or cozy camp blanket.
The Bobcat 55ºF synthetic backpacking quilt features EcoLoft™ insulation, a down alternative fill, that keeps you warm in moderate temperatures. EcoLoft™ is bluesign® approved and made from 100% recycled plastic. EcoLoft™ has a quick dry time and mimics down-like insulation, to keep you warm, even when the forecast takes a turn for the wetter side.
Comfort for the backcountry
Tear resistant Atmos™ 20D nylon ripstop is durable enough for any activity, but buttery soft to the touch. Treated with a DWR waterproof coating, coffee spills and mud roll right off. When a deep clean calls, our diamond stitch construction secures the EcoLoft™ insulation in place and keeps your quilt looking new after a wash.
A minimalist design to fit into your daily flow, the Bobcat 55ºF Synthetic seamlessly integrates with your Roo hammock as an underquilt on cool nights. Cinch the hidden elastic cords at the shoulders and feet for a lightweight, sleeping bag alternative.
- Best Uses
- Hammock Camping
- Unpacked Dimensions
- 84 in × 54 in / 213 cm × 137 cm
- Packed Dimensions
- 12 in × 7.5 in / 30.5 cm × 19 cm
- Temperature Rating
- 55ºF / 13ºC
- Total Weight
- 24 oz
- Product Materials
- Atmos™ 20D ripstop nylon fabric with DWR waterproofing and YKK snaps
- Stuff Sack Materials
- Diamond Shell™ 40D diamond weave ripstop nylon with PU waterproofing
- Ecoloft™ 100% recycled synthetic - bluesign® approved
- 1 x Bobcat 55ºF; 1 x Rolltop stuff sack; 2 x Sleeping pad straps; 1 x Underquilt conversion kit
- Available Colors
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a trail quilt?
We define a trail quilt as a quilt that can serve as both a topquilt, minimalist sleeping bag and hammock underquilt on the trail. Our trail quilts also afford you the option of creating footboxes or using it as a minimalist sleeping bag. Our Bobcat 45ºF, Bobcat 55ºF, and Firebelly are trail quilts because of their packable construction and versatile use cases.
What is the difference between the Bobcat 45ºF down and Bobcat 55ºF synthetic?
The Bobcat 55ºF is made from Ecoloft™ synthetic insulation, rated for temperatures 55ºF and above. At a lower price point, the Bobcat 55ºF is excellent for providing warmth in milder temperatures and retaining heat when wet, unlike down insulation.
How do I clean my Bobcat 55ºF quilt?
The performance of this fill (heat retention!) is directly tied to the "loftiness” of its insulation. To help your products retain their loft, please follow our storage and cleaning instructions. Remember: Loft = warmth. Lofty gear = happy you.
Keep your Bobcat in tip-top shape by spot cleaning or hand washing when possible. Hand washing your gear with cold water and Grangers Down Wash + Repel is best for extending its useful life, but it can also be cleaned in a front-load washing machine (do not use a washing machine with an agitator).
Washing machine instructions:
- If the gear is soiled or stained, use the recommended amount of Grangers Down Wash + Repel. Do not use fabric softener, bleach, or stain removal products.
- Wash the trail quilt by itself using the gentle/cold water setting.
- Hang to dry, or use the delicate, no heat tumble setting on the dryer with a clean tennis ball, or dryer ball. Do not stuff back in stuff sack damp or wet.