HELLO! NOTE THAT THIS CONTENT AND THE FULL KAMMOK BLOG (THE OUTPOST) IS NOW AT BLOG.KAMMOK.COM.
We are into June already. Midsummer is approaching. It’s not long now until the longest day of the year.
In other words: it’s time to start making the most of the summer, making the most of the light evenings, and getting out on microadventures!
Today begins the third annual Summer Solstice Microadventure Challenge. Last year we had over a hundred entries. It was fantastic to see people all over the world giving it a go.
If you go on a microadventure between now and the end of June, you could win some excellent prizes from Mountain Equipment, Osprey, Kammok and
HERE IS THE PLAN FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE A SIMILAR LEVEL OF DETAIL IN THEIR LIFE AS ME:
- Go on a microadventure between now and June.
- Share your story online with the hashtag #microadventure.
- Win stuff (maybe). Feel good (definitely, unless it rains like last year).
HERE IS THE DETAILED PLAN:
- Go on a microadventure. This can be anything you like (ideas below), anywhere in the world. It must entail sleeping out in the wild for at least one night, without a tent. Bivvy bags and hammocks are good. So too are morning swims in rivers.
- Share your story online. Add the hashtag #microadventure to anything you post on Twitter or Instagram. You can post stuff on the Microadventures Facebook Group (please "Like" it if you haven’t already). If you make a film (hint: we like films, even on Vine or Instagram) or write a blog post, please tag it with ‘microadventure’ and send me the link.
- The closing date for entries is bedtime on June 30th.
- If you’ve never been on a microadventure before these FAQs will help answer questions like “what do I need?“, “where shall I go?“, and “isn’t it scary?“. Any other questions, ask me.
- If you’re new to camping etc, try something simple like this or this.
- If you work in an office try this, this, this or this.
- If you’ve got eager friends try this, this or this.
- If you’ve got no friends try this.
- If you want some exercise try this, this, this or this.
- If you like swimming try this or this.
- If you’ve got kids, try this or this.
To get your free Ordnance Survey map for your microadventure, Tweet the guys at MyMiniMap and they’ll sort out the details from you:
@MyMiniMap: I’m taking part in the Solstice Microadventure Challenge and would love a free map, please! #microadventure http://www.alastairhumphreys.
If you have any questions about this microadventure challenge, please get in touch. It’s pretty simple though – go and do something cool, then stick your stories online somewhere that I can see them.
2012 National Geographic Adventurer of the Year